9.10.9. Repair of the regulator of pressure
Removal from the car of the regulator of pressure and its repair are carried out in case adjustment it is impossible to achieve its correct work.
It is necessary for removal of the regulator:
Fig. 8.4. Pressure regulator: With = 28 — 32 mm (for buses), 13 — 17 mm (for motor vans); 1 — press the lever; 2 — a pin; 3 — the fixing bolt; 4 — an axis of the press lever; 5 — a nut; 6 — an axis; 7 — the case; 8 and 9 — regulator arms; 10 — a lock-nut; 11 — an adjusting bolt; 12 — a load spring; 13 — a spring; 14 — a piston sleeve; 15 — the operating cone; 16 — a clamping spring; 17 — a ball; 18 — a persistent bracket; 19 — a returnable spring; 20 — the plug; 21 — the piston; 22 — a protective cover; 23 — a bridge arm; 24 — a rack; 25 — a spring washer
- to disconnect the lower end of a rack 24 (see fig. 8.4) from an arm of the back bridge (see. "Adjustment of the regulator of pressure");
- to disconnect pipelines and to muffle them caps of valves of pumping;
- to disconnect the regulator from an arm 8, having turned off two nuts with spring washers.
Dismantling of the regulator of pressure - needs to be made in the following order:
- to turn out a bolt 3, to take out a persistent pin 2 and to release the end of a load spring 12. To take out axis 4 and to remove press the lever 1, without breaking when dismantling provision of an adjusting bolt 11;
- to remove a protective cover 22,
- to turn out the plug 20 of fastening of the case of the regulator;
- to take out a returnable spring 19 and a spring washer, and then for a shaft to take the piston 21 with a sleeve 14 and to take out a spring 13;
- to remove from a sleeve a clamping spring 16 and to take out a ball 17 of a sleeve nest;
- to remove a lock washer of the managing director of a cone 15, a flat and spring washer and then the operating cone.
The piston should be taken out from a sleeve when it is necessary for replacement of faulty details.
After dismantling of a detail of the regulator it is necessary to wash out in alcohol or pure brake fluid, to attentively examine, replace defective parts, to grease plentifully with fresh brake fluid and to collect in the return sequence.
Insufficient tightness of the ball valve can be a possible cause of defect of the regulator. In that case easy blows of the hammer through a copper or aluminum mandrel it is necessary to podchekanit deepening in a regulator sleeve a ball.
Operability of the regulator after assembly should be checked at the special stand with manometers on an entrance and an exit of the regulator and the device creating pressure.
Liquid pressure at the exit from the regulator of pressure has to be about 2,8 times lower than pressure on an entrance. When checking, without dumping the specified liquid pressure, to press smoothly a load spring 12 for creation of effort on the piston 21. At the same time pressure at the exit has to increase that indicates the correct operation of the regulator. During creation of a certain effort pressure on an entrance and an exit has to be balanced.
To install the checked regulator on the car and to carry out adjustment of the drive. After installation of the regulator to pump over system and to make check on the road (see. "Adjustment of the regulator of pressure").