9.10.6. Adjustment of the drive of the parking brake
Fig. 8.7. Parking brake system: 1 — the lever; 2 — a forward cable; 3 — a nut; 4 — an arm; 5 and 8 — back cables; 6 — a razzhimny link; 7 — the drive lever; 9 — the equalizer
If when braking the car the parking brake the lever 1 (see fig. 8.7) at application of effort to it 600 N (60 kgfs) are also more fixed on extreme top teeths of the sector, then it is necessary to make adjustment of the drive in the following order:
- to install the drive lever in extreme lower situation;
Fig. 8.6. Brake mechanism of back wheels: 1 — a bolt of fastening of the wheel cylinder; 2 — the wheel cylinder; 3 — the pumping valve; 4 — a brake board; 5 — a block; 6 — a protective cover; 7 — the piston; 8 — a persistent ring; 9, 10, 14 and 28 — springs; 11 — a razzhimny link; 12 — the driving lever of the parking brake; 13 — a plate of fastening of blocks; 15 — the forelock; 16 — a nut; 17 and 18 — washers; 19 — a bolt; 20 and 22 — caps; 21 and 23 — the clown's plugs; 24 — the clown; 25 — the clown's axis; 26 — a nut; 27 — cups; 29 — a core; 30 — a cable of the parking brake system
- to remove caps 20 (see fig. 8.6) in brake mechanisms of back wheels. Using a key asterisk of 17 mm, to weaken a nut of fastening of the clown of the adjusting mechanism of one of brakes on 1,0 — 1,5 turns;
- to exclude a gap between a razzhimny link 11 and the lever 12 for what a special tubular key of 9 mm in size to turn a bolt of the 25th clown in the direction specified by an arrow until resistance to rotation which is connected with a release of blocks is felt (the start of motion of blocks can also be defined through observation ports in a board);
- to tighten a nut of fastening of the clown the moment of 24 — 35 N · m (2,4 — 3,5 kgfs · l) in the provision of the beginning of a release of blocks. At the same time by means of a key of 9 mm it is necessary to hold a bolt of the 25th clown from turn;
- to adjust in this way the provision of a razzhimny link 11 in other brake mechanism;
- to install caps in brake mechanisms;
- to check existence of gaps between tips of cables 5 (see fig. 8.7) and 8 and hollows on the equalizer 9. Gaps are eliminated with tightening of nuts of fastening of cables on an arm 4. Adjustment should be made so that after adjustment the equalizer was at distance of B from a forward wall of an arm and perpendicular to a longitudinal axis of the car.
At correctly adjusted drive of the parking brake the drive lever under effort of 600 N (60 kgfs) should not move more, than to 15 teeths of the locking mechanism.