11.3.1. Replacement of glass of a wind window
For gluing of glass of a wind window to an aperture use:
- Terostat-8590 UHV glue-sealant — the ultraviscous unicomponent sealant of black color on the basis of polyurethane differing in the high speed of polymerization under the influence of air moisture with formation of rubber-like material. Before drawing glue can be warmed up up to the temperature not above 35 °C;
- a primer (soil) of "Terostat-8511" for glass;
- a primer (soil) of "Terostat-8521" for the painted window aperture;
- the Nefras SCh-155/200 solvent for degreasing of the stuck together surfaces.
Primers are the liquids of black color on the basis of polyurethane containing сольвент.
For glass replacement:
- to remove from a body screen wiper levers, polypropylene facings of a front — side and lower (around glass), facings of inclined racks and an extension of the dashboard (in a cabin);
- to punch in the available place an opening in a glue layer between the replaced glass and an aperture; to stretch in an opening a wire (diameter of 2±0,2 mm, 0,7 — 0,8 m long), to cut off glue on perimeter of glass and to take out glass. It is necessary to cut glue together. In a cabin the wire needs to be held in motionless situation, to pull outside along glass perimeter;
- to level a knife the glue which remained on a window aperture, having left on it a layer not less than 1 mm thick. Glue which remained on an aperture forms more ideally a basis for adhesion with liquid polyurethane glue;
- to degrease an aperture of a window and glass (fig. 10.5) the napkin moistened with gasoline galosh and to give endurance of 5 — 10 min. for full evaporation of gasoline;
- to shake a vessel with a primer of "Terostat-8521" within 2 — 3 min. for full hashing of structure and to apply with the applicator or a soft brush a strip of a primer 23 — 25 mm wide on a window aperture (on those sites on which there is no stiffened glue left). To give endurance not less than 5 min. for full drying of a primer;
Fig. 10.6. Installation of glass of a wind window: 1 — an emphasis; 2 — a glue layer; 3 — glass; 4 — a sealant
- to establish on the top edge of glass a sealant of 4 (fig. 10.6) on the lower two emphasis of I (at distance of 400 — 500 mm from each other);
Fig. 10.7. Drawing a primer on the pasted surface of glass: 1 — glass; 2 — a primer; 3 — an emphasis
- to shake a vessel with a primer of "Terostat-8511" within 2 — 3 min. and to apply with the applicator (fig. 10.7) or a soft brush a strip of a primer 23 — 25 mm wide on the surface of glass. To give endurance not less than 5 min. for full drying of a primer;
- to turn off from a cartouche with Terostat-8590 glue a nozzle and to make in it a cut (fig. 10.8);
- to separate a knife a bottom at a cartouche with glue, to pour out the moisture absorbing powder;
- to pierce an opening for a glue exit from a cartouche, to screw a nozzle;
Fig. 10.9. The device for expression of glue from a cartouche: 1 — a nozzle; 2 — a cover; 3 — the case; 4 — the lever; 5 — the handle; 6 — a rod
Fig. 10.10. Putting glue: 1 — glass; 2 — a primer; 3 — glue; 4 — a nozzle; 5 — the device for glue expression; 6 — a sealant
- to install a cartouche with glue in adaptation (fig. 10.9) and to apply on the surface of glass glue in the form of a plait not less than 10 mm high (fig. 10.10), having receded from the edge of glass, a sealant and an emphasis on 5 — 7 mm.
- no later than in 15 min. after putting glue to establish glass in a window aperture (together) so that the upper edge of glass with the put-on sealant rested against the top edge of a flange of an aperture of a window;
- to record glass on 2 h rubber plaits, having passed them around racks in a cabin (in public);
- in 5 — 6 h to check tightness of installation of glass,
- watering outside from a hose on perimeter flew down if necessary to miss the mark places of a leak with mastic 51-G-7K:
- to establish the removed details on a body.